Re: Offline javadoc linking with maven-debian-helper/maven

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 8:04 PM, James Page <james.page@canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> After feedback from Niels on my first package for Debian I've been
> trying to get a new maven based package (args4j - see [0]) to link its
> javadoc against the default-jdk-doc API files provided
> in /usr/share/doc/openjdk-6-doc/api.
>
> The package is using maven-debian-helper which calls the maven
> javadoc:jar and javadoc:aggregate targets to build the javadoc.
>
> I've tried following the advice in the maven-javadoc-plugin FAQ (see
> [1]) by populating the maven.properties file with:
>
>        maven.javadoc.offlineLinks=/usr/share/doc/openjdk-6-doc/api/

You should really link to /usr/share/doc/default-jdk-doc/api to make
the links functional on all architectures.

> but I can't seem to get maven to generate offline links to the JDK
> provided API.  As a result links to classes provided by Java (and I
> would suspect any other library) are not generated.
>
> Anyone else run into this issue or have a solution?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help!

Any chance that you forgot to add default-jdk-doc to build dependencies.
Sorry, can't help you more as I have not worked on any packages using
maven as build system.

Cheers,
Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.