Re: How to package Nuxeo DM, a Java EE application, in Debian

On Feb 10, 2011, at 10:57 AM, Giovanni Mascellani wrote:

> On 09/02/2011 15:40, Stefane Fermigier wrote:
>> I'm also trying to pass a message: you obviously care about packaging
>> Java applications, so aren't you frustrated that this is so hard (I
>> mean, impossible) to do for any significant and useful business
>> application (those that professional Debian users should really care
>> for) with the current rules ?
>>
>> I, personally, am, as a Debian *user*.
>
> I'm not frustrated that it requires much work to have quality package. I
> find it obvious and I put that into account when I became a Debian
> Developer. It's part of the rules Debian decided to play.

Please, Giovanni, I'm not talking about this.

I'm talking about the facts that valuable packages are not available *at all* for us Debian / Ubuntu users.

  S.

http://www.nuxeo.com/ - +33 1 40 33 79 87 - http://twitter.com/sfermigier
Join the Nuxeo Group on LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/groups?gid=43314
New Nuxeo release: http://nuxeo.com/dm54
"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."