Re: How to package Nuxeo DM, a Java EE application, in Debian

On Feb 8, 2011, at 8:14 PM, Vincent Fourmond wrote:

> My point is not to discourage you or express scorn or whichever
> negative view on Nuxeo, but just to state the sine qua none conditions
> for a package to enter Debian.

Out of curiosity, how many large Java application are currently packaged in Debian ?

I couldn't find even one personally, on Debian 6.0:

root@gange# apt-cache search xwiki
root@gange# apt-cache search openbravo
root@gange# apt-cache search concursive
root@gange# apt-cache search liferay
libportlet-api-2.0-spec-java-doc - Java Portlet Specification V2.0 - documentation
libportlet-api-2.0-spec-java - Java Portlet Specification V2.0
root@gange# apt-cache search compiere
libjtds-java - JDBC 3.0 driver for Microsoft SQL Server(tm) and Sybase(tm)
root@gange# apt-cache search ofbiz
root@gange# apt-cache search opencrx
root@gange# apt-cache search jboss-portal

etc. So it seems either that nobody cares about getting these fine (and popular) applications into Debian, or it's just too hard to do given the current set of policies.

  S.

http://www.nuxeo.com/ - +33 1 40 33 79 87 - http://twitter.com/sfermigier
Join the Nuxeo Group on LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/groups?gid=43314
New Nuxeo release: http://nuxeo.com/dm54
"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."