Re: RFS: rxtx (updated package: team adoption, bug fixes, lintian cleaning, new upstream release)

[on list reply]

Thanks Torsten,

>> http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-java/rxtx.git
> you have checked in a .pc directory. Please clean up the repo.
I actually did that intentionally, I saw many people saying that
packages with source 3.0 (quilt) format should be stored with patches
applied (different than the case in 1.0). I've actually had some DDs
ask me to apply and some ask me to remove. The .pc/ actually showed up
when I did "git buildpackage", so I took it to mean that git wants the
patches applied to source 3.0 quilt packages. What's your opinion on
this? [1]

> There is a README.Debian and a README.debian file. Please clean up.
Thanks for catching this. README.debian is actually provided by
upstream in their own debian/ directory! I missed cleaning that one
out.

> The patch original_debian_changes.patch could be cleaned up a bit
> because we do no longer ship kaffe.
Will do. What is your opinion on keeping upstream's configure versus
running our own autoreconf? I don't mind either way.

>I wonder if the native libs should be put into /usr/lib/jni instead of
>/usr/lib but I am not sure. What do you think?
That makes sense to move the libraries to /usr/lib/jni. The reason I
did not move it there was because I was afraid of affecting packages
that depend on this. But this is a jni library and thus should be in
usr/lib/jni. It is a bug that it is currently not in jni, so we should
fix that.

Thanks!
Regards,
Scott

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/DebSrc3.0:
Apply all the patches from debian/series before building your package:
the working directory standard form with "3.0 (quilt)" is with patches
applied.