Re: Package for gstreamer-java

Samuel Lucas Vaz de Mello wrote:
> Hi

I am moving this to our debate list <debian-java AT lists.debian.org>.

> I'm developing an open source application that uses GStreamer using
> gstreamer-java binding [1].
>
> I would like to have gstreamer-java available in debian repositories,
> so I will be able to just reference it as a dependency. I believe that
> many other applications could use it too.
>
> Gstreamer-java is already in Fedora repositories [2].
>
> I have asked in the gstreamer-java development mail list about debian
> packaging and the maintainers said that the main obstacle is the lack
> of a debian maintainer. I have asked pkg-gstreamer-maintainers, but
> they don't have expertise with java packages.
>
> Is there anything I can do to help to make it into debian?

If the bindings are separate from gstreamer itself, then you can package
it yourself or ask us to do it (by filing an ITP or an RFP bug against
wnpp).
  If this is not the case however, then the gstreamer maintainers are
more than welcome to contact us for advice about the java-bindings.

> Thank you,
>
>  - Samuel
>
> [1] http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/bindings/java.html
> [2] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/gstreamer-java
>
> __
> This is the maintainer address of Debian's Java team
> <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-java-maintainers>. Please use
> debian-java@lists.debian.org for discussions and questions.

~Niels