Re: RFS: jython 2.2.1-2.1

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Matthew Johnson <mjj29@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun Mar 21 17:55, Onkar Shinde wrote:
>> While working on logkit -> excalibur-logkit migration I stumbled upon
>> jython package which has few problems as per latest conventions for
>> java packaging. I have fixed these problems along with some lintian
>> errors/warnings and uploaded the package to mentors.debian.net. The
>> package maintainer is listed on lowthresholdnmu page. So this package
>> can be uploaded immediately.
>
> The maintainer is on lowthresholdnmu, but that does not absolve you from the
> rest of the NMU procedure[0], namely, filing the patches in the BTS against the
> relative bugs, contacting the maintainer directly with your intention to NMU
> and not making changes that don't fix actual bugs.
>
> Having said that, the upload looks good, but can you please do the appropriate
> paperwork first.

Considering that the maintainer did not reply to bugs in question for
long time, I assumed it was ok to seek sponsors directly. My mistake.
I will be carefully follow the procedure next time.

By the way the changes I did fixed only fixed mostly lintian
errors/warnings. Should that be avoided when doing NMU?

Onkar