Re: RFS: jython 2.2.1-2.1

On Sun Mar 21 17:55, Onkar Shinde wrote:
> While working on logkit -> excalibur-logkit migration I stumbled upon
> jython package which has few problems as per latest conventions for
> java packaging. I have fixed these problems along with some lintian
> errors/warnings and uploaded the package to mentors.debian.net. The
> package maintainer is listed on lowthresholdnmu page. So this package
> can be uploaded immediately.

The maintainer is on lowthresholdnmu, but that does not absolve you from the
rest of the NMU procedure[0], namely, filing the patches in the BTS against the
relative bugs, contacting the maintainer directly with your intention to NMU
and not making changes that don't fix actual bugs.

Having said that, the upload looks good, but can you please do the appropriate
paperwork first.

Matt

0. http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu

--