Re: Problems packing eclipse RCP application elexis

Gerry Weirich wrote:
> (1) Elexis does not use eclipse's features. So it is ok to only package
> plugins. The existing features in the repository are rather hints for
> the developer than a runtime need. If you like, you can make a feature
> from the elexis essential plugins and use this to organize your
> packaging tool. (Creating a feature ist easy in eclipse with the
> "new->feature" wizard. Essentially it's only an XML descibing the
> contained plugins and features)

Yes, that should be relatively easy to do.

> (2) Some elexis plugins do have embedded jars (usually in a directory
> called 'lib' in the root of the plugin). The Bundle-Classpath statement
> is necessary for the OSGi runtime to include the contents of these jars
> in the classpath of the plugin during runtime. So I do not see a
> possibility to ged rid of them.

If the only issue is that these jar files do not have OSGi metadata,
then we can fix it (in Debian that is), by adding the metadata needed to
our version of those jars and update the MANIFESTs. As long as your code
itself does not depend on them being embedded within your jars, but just
that the code is present, then we can do it (using orbit dependencies
and dropins).

> regards, gerry

~Niels