Re: Problems packing eclipse RCP application elexis

Gerry

Can you give us your thoughts about the question raised by Niels? See @Gerry
below.

Am Sonntag 21 Februar 2010 22:28:53 schrieb Niels Thykier:
> Niels Thykier wrote:
> > Niklaus Giger wrote:
> >> Am Samstag 20 Februar 2010 21:01:34 schrieb Niels Thykier:
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> Try git clone git://ngiger.dyndns.org/git/debian_packages.git
> >> I just did set it up on my local home server. Could not test whether you
> >> have access from outside. If it doesn't work, just mail again.
> >
> > That worked just fine
>
> Okay I have examined your build and I am puzzled as to why you only have
> plugins and no features. Are you sure you have all the sources? I looked
> at the upstream SVN and it looks like they have 2 or so features (e.g.
> have a look at [1]).
I am not surprised that you are puzzled, as I am very new packing for Debian
and eclipse RCP.

Upstream has its own way to pack the more than 45 elexis plugins, all required
jars, the whole eclipse, etc into one big blob (see [2]). Therefore I try to
pack first a subset that should produce a minimal system using only the
directories

elexis-utilities
elexis
elexis-importer
mysql-adapter
ElexisBasicFeature

Will probably use a few things from
BuildElexis/rsc/build/build.xml

and for elexis-doc

elexis-developer-resources
dokumentation

Today I pushed some changes to the repo and at least the packages are
installable and "man elexis" works. The de/elexis.pdf seems okay, but the
developer/*.html are not okay.

> Well, it taught me that our tools only work on features.
Don't be surprised. We use tools always in ways the inventor never thought of.

> Also, I am somewhat alarmed by the manifests of the plugins. It contains
> a Bundle-Classpath, which (as I recall) is a list of "embedded jars". I
> might be wrong; but if I turn out to be right, we will need to
> patch them to use these jar externally (plus possibly also patch our
> system jars to have OSGi metadata if they do not already have it).
@Gerry. Do you need these bundles or do you see a simple way how to replace
them?

> ~Niels
>
> [1]