Re: RFS: libnanoxml2-java (updated package)

On Thu Feb 04 21:36, Sveinung Kvilhaugsvik wrote:
> >  - If you are build-depending on default-jdk, why are you then depending on
> >  openjdk?
> OpenJDK is just the default unless another dependency in
> java2-runtime-headless is installed. The idea was to ensure repeatable
> builds if another packages depend on nanoxml. I think I got it from
> one of the above mentioned policy files. Is it wrong to do this now?

You need a default which is a real package and satisfiable on all
architectures, which openjdk is not. If you don't explicitly need openjdk, then
you should have default-jre as the concrete depends (which is openjdk on most
platforms).

> >  - shouldn't you also depend on java5 and java6 virtual packages in the
> >  alternate depends?
> Not sure what you mean here. Doesn't java2-runtime-headless include
> all packages in java5-runtime-headless and java6-runtime-headless? Do

Um, maybe. I include them all.

Matt
--
Matthew Johnson