Re: RFS: sunflow

Hi,

On 30/01/2010 23:41, Gabriele Giacone wrote:
>> debian/rules:
>> - You are using debian/docs and dh_install release/javadoc/*
>> usr/share/doc/sunflow/html : you should make a choice
>> - You should register your docs with doc-base
>> - ... but I don't think there added value by providing Javadoc for Java
>> applications
> Until now, I tried to modify as less as possible Cyril's work because
> svn snapshot shouldn't be too much different from the latest Debian
> version 0.07.2 and even because Cyril is a DD and we all trust in his
> work, don't we? :)

I don't blindly trust in my own work, so there is little chance that I
do for others :)

> "no added value with javadoc for java apps": THIS is a discussion we had
> for jxplorer and I removed javadoc.
> IMHO, this case is different because sunflow is a dependency of
> sweethome3d which uses sunflow's API in svn snapshot version (that's why
> I'm packaging it). Would adding -doc binary be better?
> What about following this draft about javadoc?

[As disclaimer, I would say that Debian Java policy is clearly outdated
and I don't know if someone is currently working on it...]

I had a look at Sunflow Javadoc and there is some interessing bits, so
you might keep it.

Furthermore, if you want to update your package to follow Java Policy,
you might split packages :
- - libsunflow-java (library part) :
  * JAR file in /usr/share/java/ (org/sunflow/*)
- - libsunflow-java-doc :
  * Javadoc and doc-base registration
- - sunflow (main part) :
  * JAR file in /usr/share/java/sunflow-gui.jar (SunflowGUI*.class)
  * wrapper script in /usr/bin/
  * Depends on JRE (no headless)
So that, sweethome3d can Depends on libsunflow-java without pulling
.desktop/menu files or Javadoc HTML files.

I don't know if its possible with Sunflow and I won't request that to
accept sponsoring your package. But it may be a wise task :)

Could you provide me an updated .dsc with your previous fix ?

Greetings,
- --
Damien Raude-Morvan - http://damien.raude-morvan.com/