Re: RFH: OSGi Metadata for jars (blocks eclipse)

Am Dienstag, den 24.11.2009, 19:44 +0100 schrieb Niels Thykier:
> Hi
>
> Recently Benjamin Drung managed to make eclipse use our system jars
> during the build; sadly we ran into build problems since some of these
> jar files are missing the OSGi metadata that eclipse expects. Benjamin
> compiled a list of jar files that gave us problems [1].
>
> If anyone of you finds the time to look at the packages containing these
> jar files and see if you cannot get the metadata into the Manifest file.
> Even if you cannot do it (e.g. cannot figure out the correct metadata)
> just cleaning up the package (e.g. bumping Standards-Versions) would
> save us some time when we pick up the package.
>
> We found a sample of how Fedora handled this for one of the jar files
> [2] and I believe they build all of these jar files with the correct
> metadata.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> ~Niels
>
> [1] List of jar files.
> junit-3.*.jar
> jsch.jar
> jsp-api-2.1.jar
> servlet-api-2.4.jar
> servlet-api-2.5.jar
> commons-codec.jar
> commons-el.jar
> commons-httpclient.jar
> commons-logging.jar
> lucene-analyzers.jar
> lucene-core.jar
> hamcrest-core.jar
> junit4.jar
> jetty6.jar
> jetty6-util.jar
> org.sat4j.core.jar
> org.sat4j.pb.jar
>
> [2]
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/jakarta-commons-httpclient/devel/jakarta-commons-httpclient-addosgimanifest.patch?revision=1.3&view=markup

Here is the list of the corresponding source packages:

sat4j
libjetty-java
junit
junit4
libjsch-java
liblucene2-java
libcommons-logging-java
libcommons-el-java
libcommons-codec-java
libcommons-httpclient-java
libhamcrest-java
libservlet2.4-java
libservlet2.5-java

I have only tested all jar files together and not each jar file
individually. Please let us know if some of these jar files already have
the OSGi metadata.

--
Benjamin Drung
Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com) | Debian Maintainer (www.debian.org)