Re: About eclipse (was Re: Package depending on netbeans)

Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> Le jeudi 12 novembre 2009 à 00:05 +0100, Niels Thykier a écrit :
>> [...]
>> Hi
>>
>> [...]
>> One of the prime factors for not uploading to Debian yet is that eclipse
>> does not use system jars but pre-bundled ones. We are currently working
>> on that and three other things[1] we want fixed before we upload to
>> Debian/Experimental. Help is of course more than welcome - particularly
>> people skilled with ant, since a lot of our work involves translating
>> the Fedora spec file into ant code and sending it to eclipse-build.
> OK, I can help with one or two. Do you have a list of packages which should be uploaded ?

Fedora Build-Depends on the following java packages[1] (I may have
missed some):

icu4j-eclipse >= 1:4.0.1-3
tomcat5-jasper-eclipse >= 5.5.27-6.3
tomcat6-servlet-2.5-api >= 6.0.18-9.2
ant (>= 1.7.1)
ant-antlr
ant-apache-bcel
ant-apache-log4j
ant-apache-oro
ant-apache-regexp
ant-apache-resolver
ant-commons-logging
ant-apache-bsf
ant-commons-net
ant-javamail
ant-jdepend
ant-junit
ant-nodeps
ant-swing
ant-trax
ant-jsch
jsch >= 0:0.1.41
jakarta-commons-el >= 1.0-9
jakarta-commons-logging >= 1.0.4-6jpp.3
jakarta-commons-codec
jakarta-commons-httpclient
jetty >= 6.1.21-2
lucene >= 2.3.1-3.4
lucene-contrib >= 2.3.1-3.4
junit >= 3.8.1-3jpp
junit4
hamcrest >= 0:1.1-9.2
sat4j >= 2.1.0-1
objectweb-asm

I believe most of these are already in the repository with an acceptable
version (once you have "translated" the between Fedora and Debian naming
and packaging conventions)- though I recall something about us
discontinuing tomcat5 due to lack of manpower.

icu4j-eclipse depends circularly on eclipse - according to the Fedora
spec file eclipse-3.2.1 should be enough[2]; though I do not know how
Fedora eclipse 3.2 compares to Debian's 3.2. I did try to build the
latest version of icu4j but could not find the "eclipse" extension we
need, so we may have to settle with an earlier version (I know 4.0.1 has
it).

> [...]
>
> Sylvestre

~Niels