Re: Package depending on netbeans

Hello,

Le mercredi 11 novembre 2009 à 00:25 +0100, Giovanni Mascellani a
écrit :
> Hi all.
>
> I'm working on FreeHEP. I have a sponsor for it (Philpp Hübner), but
> I've found a few issues he has asked me to clarify on debian-java.
Good news!

> Some packages in FreeHEP depend on openide-lookup, which in Debian in
> available in package netbeans-platform. The first problem is that this
> package in orphaned (and I don't have enough time to adopt it). The
> second problem is that netbeans-{platform,ide} are in contrib (without
> any good reason, as it has only dependencies in main, see #531952).
FYI, there is a bug report on this issue:

> Could be acceptable to do a QA upload for netbeans, in order just to
> move it in main, so I can depend on it?
You want to add a dependency on netbeans for FreeHEP ?
It is a big dependency just one on jar file...

You should consider packaging it independently and fill a bug report
against netbeans.

>  Then I hope that someone, some
> day will adopt the package and start to maintain it correctly
Me too. Idem for Eclipse...

Sylvestre