Re: pkg-java team, subversion, git

Hi all,

I've bitten the bullet and converted the solr work in the pkg-java svn
to a new git (central) repository. There was already a directory
/git/pkg-java on Alioth; I've created a solr.git repository beneath it.

 The process following
http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git#ConvertaSVNAliothrepositorytoGit was
quite painless. The results can be seen at
http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-java/solr.git. That page also shows the
URIs for anonymous or normal checkouts.

It seems, though, that a number of intermediary commits (and their
commit entries!) have been lost in the process. Does anyone have an idea
why?

Now for the next step: should I remove all files from SVN in
pkg-java/trunk/solr with a commit message that says where the repository
has been moved?

Jan-Pascal