Re: RFS: ognl

Le dimanche 09 août 2009 23:53:41, Matthew Johnson a écrit :
> On Sun Aug 09 23:02, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> > > I've reviewed the package and it looks clean, but I have one question.
> > > Which bit is licenced under the apache-derived licence? I can only find
> > > BSD-licenced files.
> >
> > OpenSymfony Licence (Apache derived one) is promoted by upstream as
> > official OGNL project licence [1]. But, as you, every source file I can
> > found under src/ in tarball were licenced under classical BSD licence.
[...]
> I don't like:
>
> * 5. Products derived from this software may not be called
> * "OpenSymphony"
> *    or "OGNL", nor may "OpenSymphony" or "OGNL" appear in their
> *    name, without prior written permission of the OpenSymphony
> *    Group.
>
> since we are, arguably, distributing a derivative work and if we ever
> patch it then we certainly are. I've CC'd debian-legal to get slightly
> wider comments on the matter.

I haven't carrefully reviewed this licence because I'm sure it was an
cut&paste of Apache Licence 1.1 with s/Apache Software Foundation/OpenSymfony
& OGNL/. And I know we already package many software under Apache 1.1 (at
least 35 in main).

I've submitted a bug upstream to, at least, clarify applicable licence for
source code between BSD 3-Clause and this OpenSymfony Licence :
http://jira.opensymphony.com/browse/OGNL-156

Damien Raude-Morvan / www.drazzib.com