Re: [remotetea] how to name packages ?

  Hello,

2009/8/4 Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel
<frederic-emmanuel.picca@synchrotron-soleil.fr>:
> Now running lintian...
> W: remotetea: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/jrpcgen
> W: remotetea:
> executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/java/jrpcgen-1.0.7.jar
>
> The first one needs me to provide a man page
> is there an tools to help creating a man page from the help message of
> the program like this:
> jrpcgen -help:

  Try help2man from the package of the same name. You need to edit the
manual page produced, of course ;-)...

> the second warning is problematic because I am doing a link beetwen the
> /usr/share/java/jrpcgen-1.0.7.jar and /usr/bin/jrpcgen.
>

> must I provide a lintian override or is there a better way to fix this
> issue ?

  Hmmm... I guess Matthew will have a more definite opinion than me
about that. In any case, don't use lintian overrides unless you have a
very good reason for that. I guess more packages are in this case. For
now, keeping the lintian warning is fine, I think, and then we can
point to the lintian maintainers that some files can be executables
even if they are not scripts/elf provided the packages depends on
binfmt-support.

  Cheers !

      Vincent