Re: [remotetea] how to name packages ?

Le Tue, 4 Aug 2009 11:17:23 +0100,
Matthew Johnson <mjj29@debian.org> a écrit :

> On Tue Aug 04 11:51, Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> > > going to change. If you use javahelper to install them then you
> > > will get the correct naming scheme automatically and when we
> > > change you'll just have to rebuild the package (see
> > > http://wiki.debian.org/Java/Packaging).
> >
> > thanks for the link. I will investigate with the javahelper.
> > Do I have to replace the ant build by the jh_build process ?
>
> Nope, it's just there for upstreams that don't have a nicely working
> build process. If ant works, then you can just call it (or in CDBS or
> dh 7 it'll do it for you)
>
> Matt

Hello

So I updatet my package to use javahelper.
It is lot easyer with this piece of software.

now I am using the the javawrapper to provide the jrpcgen executable
the problem is that now lintian complain like this

Now running lintian...
W: remotetea: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/jrpcgen
W: remotetea:
executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/java/jrpcgen-1.0.7.jar
Finished running lintian.

The first one needs me to provide a man page
is there an tools to help creating a man page from the help message of
the program like this:
jrpcgen -help:

Usage: jrpcgen [-options] x-file

where options include:
  -c <classname>  specify class name of client proxy stub
  -d <dir>        specify directory where to place generated source
code files -p <package>    specify package name for generated source
code files -s <classname>  specify class name of server proxy stub
  -ser            tag generated XDR classes as serializable
  -bean           generate accessors for usage as bean, implies -ser
  -noclamp        do not clamp version number in client method stubs
  -withcallinfo   supply call information to server method stubs
  -initstrings    initialize all strings to be empty instead of null
  -nobackup       do not make backups of old source code files
  -noclient       do not create client proxy stub
  -noserver       do not create server proxy stub
  -parseonly      parse x-file only but do not create source code files
  -verbose        enable verbose output about what jrpcgen is doing
  -version        print jrpcgen version and exit
  -debug          enables printing of diagnostic messages
  -? -help        print this help message and exit
  --              end options

the second warning is problematic because I am doing a link beetwen the
/usr/share/java/jrpcgen-1.0.7.jar and /usr/bin/jrpcgen.

must I provide a lintian override or is there a better way to fix this
issue ?

Thanks.