Re: RFS: velocity-tools (updated package)

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 2:17 AM, Vincent Fourmond<fourmond@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
>> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.4-2
>> of my package "velocity-tools".
>>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> libvelocity-tools-java - collection of useful tools for Velocity template
>> engine
>> libvelocity-tools-java-doc - collection of useful tools for Velocity template
>> engine - documen
>>
>> The package is lintian clean.
>> The upload would fix these RC bugs:
>> #533967: velocity-tools: FTBFS: The method assertEquals(Object, Object) is
>> ambiguous for the type GenericToolsTests
>
>  The package is on its way. I just had a comment though: you claim that
> it complies with standards 3.8.2, but there are patches and no
> debian/README.source, whereas it is recommended by Policy since 3.8.0.
> (can't remember the section, too lazy to look). To fix that, you can
> copy/adapt the one from statcvs, for instance.

Damien,

You can refer the page on Ubuntu wiki [1] for guidance and copy the
templates given there. Note that you will not need complete text in
case of dpatch or quilt. These packages already ship README.source.
All you need to do is point to it in you file similar to how you point
to common licenses.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/README.sourceHowTo

Onkar