Re: Building the Eclipse SDK (eclipse-build)

On Thu Jun 18 14:11, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> It's currently just using the JARs that upstream includes.  This is
> similar to how it's done now with the srcIncluded zips.  I expect
> distros will symlink to their system copies during the build and again
> after unpacking the resulting zip (since ant doesn't retain symlinks
> AFAIK).

The ideal would be able to pass the classpath to use into the build
system so that we can have it use the jars in /usr/java directly, and to
include these paths in the eclipse jar manifest (or  similar) so that
they are also picked up from there at runtime. With the additional bonus
that javahelper (or similar tools in other distros) can calculate the
dependencies on other packages automatically.

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson