Re: RFS: libcommons-jexl-java 1.1

Onkar Shinde wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 1:30 AM, Vincent Fourmond <fourmond@debian.org> wrote:
>>  Few things:
>>
>>  * why don't you put yourself as Uploader ?
>
> I suppose an uploader has to be at least DM. Is my assumption wrong?

  Yes ;-)... The name is misleading. Should be an Uploader anyone who is
interested enough to work on the package, and ready to tackle a few bugs
when need arises. Also, to be listed as an uploader makes it visible on
you Developer's Packages Overview (see qa.debian.org).

> Irrespective of that, the only interest I have in this package is
> because it is build dep for another package I am working on i.e.
> jmeter. So doesn't make sense to add my name to uploaders.

  For me, it makes sense. My guess is that you probably care more about
the package than the people who are currently listed as Uploaders. In
any case, if you are not an Uploader, then you have to mark that you are
performing an NMU in the changelog (and the version number). But, once
again, you don't want that. If one of the packages you're more
interested in depends on it, then you really have an interest to keep
this package in a good shape. This is, IMHO, a reason good enough to
mark yourself as an Uploader.

>> [...]
>
> Will check these.
>
> I will implement the changes over weekend and reply here. Thanks for feedback.

  You're welcome. Apart from that, the package is in a good shape, I'll
be pleased to upload it from you as soon as these small details are fixed.

  Cheers,

	Vincent

--
Vincent Fourmond, Debian Developer
http://vince-debian.blogspot.com/

If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it
was that quite often, it still wasn't as cynical as real life.
 -- Terry Pratchet, Guards, guards !

Vincent, listening to Suck My Kiss (Red Hot Chili Peppers)