Re: RFS: libcommons-jexl-java 1.1

  Hello !

Onkar Shinde wrote:
> My previous requests regarding this package have not received any
> response. I am not sure what the reason is. Can someone please take a
> look at the packaging and upload it?
> I have updated the packaging for libcommons-jexl-java in pkg-java svn
> to make it suitable for latest upstream version 1.1. You should get
> .orig.tar.gz by simply doing uscan.

  Few things:

  * why don't you put yourself as Uploader ?
  * copyright years could be updated (as far as I can see, it is now
1999-2006)
  * the . at the end of the long description is useless (I bet it's from
an older Homepage-in-long-description field).

  From the lintian side:
  * lintian complains about you not being Uploader. You really should
consider running lintian on the package before asking for a sponsor,
that would save everyone some work.
  * now, latest standards version is 3.8.1. I don't know how many
changes are involved to comply with it; I don't think there are many,
but please check.
  * as you use debhelper, you *must* add a ${misc:Depends} to every
single Depends: as debhelper might need to pull in some new dependencies.
  * you should consider using a higher debhelper compatibility level (I
guess 5 is enough, but honestly, I don't know).

  Cheers,

	Vincent

--
Vincent Fourmond, Debian Developer
http://vince-debian.blogspot.com/

A guess is just a guess until you turn it into a pie chart.
Then it's an analysis.
 -- Scott Adams

Vincent, not listening to anything for now