Re: RFS: libcommons-jexl-java 1.1

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 1:30 AM, Vincent Fourmond <fourmond@debian.org> wrote:

>  Hello !
>
>  Few things:
>
>  * why don't you put yourself as Uploader ?

I suppose an uploader has to be at least DM. Is my assumption wrong?
Irrespective of that, the only interest I have in this package is
because it is build dep for another package I am working on i.e.
jmeter. So doesn't make sense to add my name to uploaders.

>  * copyright years could be updated (as far as I can see, it is now
> 1999-2006)
>  * the . at the end of the long description is useless (I bet it's from
> an older Homepage-in-long-description field).

Will fix these.

>  From the lintian side:
>  * lintian complains about you not being Uploader. You really should
> consider running lintian on the package before asking for a sponsor,
> that would save everyone some work.

I thought it was ok to ignore this particular warning for team
maintained packages. Looks like I am wrong.

>  * now, latest standards version is 3.8.1. I don't know how many
> changes are involved to comply with it; I don't think there are many,
> but please check.
>  * as you use debhelper, you *must* add a ${misc:Depends} to every
> single Depends: as debhelper might need to pull in some new dependencies.
>  * you should consider using a higher debhelper compatibility level (I
> guess 5 is enough, but honestly, I don't know).

Will check these.

I will implement the changes over weekend and reply here. Thanks for feedback.

Cheers,
Onkar