Re: How to handle original source tarball

On Mon Mar 23 22:27, Dominik Smatana wrote:
> I commited all debian/* files to SVN repository, but what about
> original (new upstream release) source tarball?
>
> Should I commit this orig tarball to SVN too?

It varies, but I would say don't commit the orig sources (tarball or
otherwise) to svn, but use mergeWithUpstream in order to have
svn-buildpackage unpack it automatically. Then, just keep the tarballs
locally.

> I was investigating some of the existing packages in repository (e.g.
> checkstyle) and found 'get-orig-source' section in rules. Is this
> preferred way to handle original source?

This is most often used when you need to repack the upstream source some
how. Mostly when you are just downloading the tarball verbatim then you
just rely on watch/copyright to refer to the upstream location of the
tarball and keep local copies. Once you've uploaded it then the debian
mirror is the canonical source of that version of the upstream tarball
anyway.

Mantt

--
Matthew Johnson