Re: For those who care about batik

>  As I probably lack the skills to deal with that, I would like that
> some of you interested in batik (if only because you're one of the
> rdepends) check that the newer version works as you expected. Batik is
> in the pkg-java SVN repository (check out the QA page).

As I was the one who updated batik in Ubuntu I want to ask few
comments about the differences between Ubuntu packaging and Debian
packaging. I haven't yet tried to build the package.

1. Are you sure following change is correct -
 * Removing 02_fix_jar_target, no longer applicable

The reason I ask is because I refreshed that patch in Ubuntu. If you
remove that patch you end up with same class files in
batik-all-1.7.jar as well as batik-libs-1.7.jar files i.e. files that
should go only in batik-ext-1.7.jar will be included in
batik-libs-1.7.jar.

2. You have not added 'xmlgraphics-commons-1.2' and 'xml-apis-ext' to
DEB_JARS. This is likely to cause build failure on build server. In
case I get enough time to verify it in pbuilder I will let you know.

3. Also Ubuntu version contains following symlinks which you may want
to add to Debian version as well.
batik-ext.jar -> batik-ext-1.7.jar
batik-libs.jar -> batik-libs-1.7.jar
batik-1.7.jar -> batik-all-1.7.jar
batik-all.jar -> batik-all-1.7.jar
batik.jar -> batik-all-1.7.jar

I will let you know if find any more important differences.

Onkar