Re: For those who care about batik

Onkar Shinde wrote:
> As I was the one who updated batik in Ubuntu I want to ask few
> comments about the differences between Ubuntu packaging and Debian
> packaging. I haven't yet tried to build the package.
>
> 1. Are you sure following change is correct -
>  * Removing 02_fix_jar_target, no longer applicable
>
> The reason I ask is because I refreshed that patch in Ubuntu. If you
> remove that patch you end up with same class files in
> batik-all-1.7.jar as well as batik-libs-1.7.jar files i.e. files that
> should go only in batik-ext-1.7.jar will be included in
> batik-libs-1.7.jar.

  Thanks, I will need to have a deeper look at that - I'll pull the
updated patch from Ubuntu, then.

> 2. You have not added 'xmlgraphics-commons-1.2' and 'xml-apis-ext' to
> DEB_JARS. This is likely to cause build failure on build server. In
> case I get enough time to verify it in pbuilder I will let you know.

  Every single package I upload is built with pbuilder, so it builds
fine. I'm not sure things are not missing, though, I will check to see
if there are any differences if I add the jars for the build.

> 3. Also Ubuntu version contains following symlinks which you may want
> to add to Debian version as well.
> batik-ext.jar -> batik-ext-1.7.jar
> batik-libs.jar -> batik-libs-1.7.jar
> batik-1.7.jar -> batik-all-1.7.jar
> batik-all.jar -> batik-all-1.7.jar
> batik.jar -> batik-all-1.7.jar

  Most are already here (they are mandated by Debian Java Policy). Is
the batik.jar and batik-1.7.jar links necessary ?

> I will let you know if find any more important differences.

  Thanks !

	Vincent

--
Vincent Fourmond, Debian Developer
http://vince-debian.blogspot.com/

His followers called him Mahasamatman and said he was a god. He
preferred to drop the Maha- and the -atman, however, and called
himself Sam.
 -- Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light

Vincent, not listening to anything for now