Re: Is this a Java error?

On Nov 28, 2007 6:19 PM, John Halton <johnhalton@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to clarify one point (Java is all a bit mystifying for me). When
> you say "the site only has Win32 code", I assume the point is that the
> site is trying to make use of a Windows-only native library on my PC,
> and doesn't have (or isn't making use of) any capability of using the
> equivalent GNU/Linux library that may be present on my machine. Is
> that correct?

My thought was that it was trying to download code that corresponds to
your system, maybe using some architecture name provided by java in
the URL, and the download site only having the windows filename but
not the Linux filename. Your interpretation is just as likely though.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise