Re: RFC/RFS: fetchexc (Fetches email from Microsoft Exchange servers)

Ted Percival wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> I have packaged a program called FetchExc. It is used for retrieving
> email from Microsoft Exchange servers and forwarding them to an SMTP
> server or mbox store.
>
> I wonder if anyone would be willing to take a look at the packaging and
> perhaps even sponsor the upload.
>
> The package can be retrieved using dget and the following URI:
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/fetchexc/fetchexc_2.0-1.dsc
>
> The orig.tar.gz is modified from upstream to remove redundant support
> libraries. There is a 'get-orig-source' target in debian/rules for
> generating it.
>
> I posted about an earlier version of this package to debian-mentors
> about a year ago and didn't get much interest, hence posting to
> pkg-java-maintainers now.
>
> Please CC me on replies -- I am not subscribed to pkg-java-maintainers.

Hi Ted,

I'm not a DD and so can't help with sponsoring, I'm afraid, but here's a
few comments:

In debian/control:
  * ant should be in Build-Depends (in spite of a Lintian warning to the
contrary) since it is used in the "clean" target.

In debian/copyright:
  * The copyright statement should include the year(s) of copyright.
  * SendMbox.java is Copyright (C) 2005 Juhani Rautiainen, AND Robert Clark

Building with pbuilder seems to fail. I believe this is because
JAVA_HOME = /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj, but control does not list
java-gcj-compat as a build-depends-indep (it does list ecj, though).
Were you intending to build with java-gcj?

debian/changelog.upstream. I'm a bit worried about this one - there
doesn't seem to be any way to keep it sync with upstream's version. Any
ideas?

If the package can go in main/contrib, would you be interested in
co-maintenance (http://java.debian.net/developers.html)?

(By the way, I've copied this to debian-java@lists.debian.org rather
than pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org).

Thanks,