Re: Java buildd service

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 09:55:22AM +1000, Paul Wise wrote:
> On 7/2/07, Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> >I have setup a local buildd locally to be able to testbuild all packages
> >maintained by the Debian Java Maintainers. In the first test builds only
> >the usual suspects failed which have already filed FTBFS bugs in the
> >BTS.
>
> I suggest contacting Lucas Nussbaum (of debian-qa), who has been
> rebuilding the archive regularly on a 5000 node distributed cluster in
> France (no net access from inside the cluster). I'm sure he would be
> more than willing to help setup whatever special situation is needed
> for debian-java. He did a presentation about this at debconf, video is
> probably on meetings-archive.d.n by now. I imagine the tests you
> mention across all of debian-java would take a matter of minutes.
>
> Latest FTBFS logs from his archive rebuild are here:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~lucas/logs/2007/07/08/

I've spoken with Lucas on IRC before and his work is really useful. But
his work has a different goal. Lucas does checks on current archive.
My buildd can do builds before packages enter the archive. E.g. I've
used it to rebuild all packages build-depending on ant before I uploaded
ant 1.7.0 into the archive to make sure it dont break too much. This way
I found a breakage in ow-util-ant-tasks with the new ant version.

Cheers,
Michael
--
 .''`.  | Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de>