Re: Getting Maven Into Main - What Next?

Florian Weimer wrote:
>>    * When building the package a new Jar must be built (from source)
>>      that could replace the bootstrap Jar.
>
> This is a bit tricky.  Theoretically, you are supposed to bootstrap
> from an installed version (IOW, a self-depdency).

I assume maven2 will be an architecture-independent package, so IIUC this
should work:
1. Build the first version with any Maven install, such as Michael's binary
package.
2. Install.
3. Let maven2 build-dep on itself, rebuild and install.
3. Upload!

Or am I missing something?

Marcus