Re: Getting Maven Into Main - What Next?

* Paul Cager:

> Now that we are making progress with packaging Maven's
> Build-Dependencies, I'm beginning to wonder what happens next. I've
> noticed from the JavaCC packaging that it seems to be all right to
> include a "bootstrap jar" in the upstream source. Is this right? I guess
> to be valid:
>
>    * When building the package a new Jar must be built (from source)
>      that could replace the bootstrap Jar.

This is a bit tricky.  Theoretically, you are supposed to bootstrap
from an installed version (IOW, a self-depdency).  However, several
packages (Ocaml, for instance) bootstrap from blobs.  In case of
source code generators, it's also common to ship the processed source
files.