Re: maven2 for Debian

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 12:22:56PM -0800, manfred@mosabuam.com wrote:
> Quoting Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de>:
>
> >And another thanks for all your input. This is really appreciated and
> >discussion is needed.
>
> No problem. I am sticking around. I also joined the package
> maintainers list out of curiosity. I am in the process of learning how
> to create a binary package like you did for Maven. Is there some sort
> of source I can download and look at? I downloaded the stuff on your
> site. Can I use all that stuff there to somehow recreate the package
> to understand how it is done or is there stuff missing? Could I get
> that stuff?
>
> E.g. how do I get all the files you had to set up in /debian/ like
> rules and so on.

Put this into your sources.list:

deb-src http://people.debian.org/~mkoch/maven2/ ./

Then do

apt-get update
apt-get source maven2-binary

This downloads the package sources for you and unpacks them.
to build the package just do "debuild". This builds the whole package.

To get more infos about creating debian packages please read
http://www.debian.org/devel/. There is a lot of documentation about
this. Most Debian Java packages use CDBS. The documentation for CDBS is
mostly its source code. ;-)

Cheers,
Michael
--