Re: looking for a mentor/advocate for jedit.deb

Alan Ezust wrote:

> I've seen the ".deb" on your site. Are the package sources (.dsc,
>> .diff.gz and .orig.tar.gz) available for download anywhere?
>

> We don't have .dsc files, .diff.gz files or .orig.tar.gz files yet.
> For 4.3pre9, we use this:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=588&package_id=3753
>
> And the source tarball is this:
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/jedit/jedit4.3pre9source.tar.bz2?use_mirror=easynews

Sorry, I didn't phrase that very clearly. I was wondering how you
generate the ".deb" file - do you first generate an RPM and then use a
converter (e.g. alien) to create a deb from the rpm? Or do you create
the .deb directly from the source code (using a debian/rules files etc).

I asked because Debian packages are built from the source code. It
sounds to me now as though you make use of "alien".