Re: looking for a mentor/advocate for jedit.deb

Alan Ezust wrote:
> Hi - I'm a project admin for jedit (www.jedit.org).
>
> I don't know any other victoria, BC based debian developers, so I was
> hoping
> to hook up with another java package maintainer, to get help with the
> packaging and releasing of the debian package for jedit. Is anyone on this
> list actually *using* jedit by any chance?
>
> thanks... -alan

Alan,

If you haven't already seen it, you might want to have a look at
http://www.uk.debian.org/devel/wnpp/, which describes the usual way to
get a package into Debian. If you need help with raising the bug please
shout!

I'm afraid I do not use JEdit myself. What sort of Java runtime does it
require? In particular, does it require Swing?

I've seen the ".deb" on your site. Are the package sources (.dsc,
.diff.gz and .orig.tar.gz) available for download anywhere?

Thanks,
Paul