Re: [RFC-DRAFT] Debian-Java point of view about JDK under the GPL

On 11/14/06, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
[Arnaud Vandyck]
> Any other thoughts?

I believe this is a good idea.  I have tried to get someone in the
debian-edu community to write a press release announcing our support
for this license change, but am not sure if anyone will pick up the
ball.  I believe it is important to get the press to write about how
this change is received, to encourage other companies to do the same.

Is there a wiki page with the text draft?

We can add a wiki page on http://wiki.debian.org/Java/SunGPL or something

Also, I've just read that there is an announcement at the fsf:
http://www.fsf.org/news/fsf-welcomes-gpl-java.html

--
Arnaud Vandyck