Re: JDK is GPL now! a package in main requested

So, anybody wishing to help with that should approach us through the openJDK project. We have some mailing lists here:

      https://openjdk.dev.java.net/lists.html

Depending on your preference, to work on the encumbered code today is possible by agreeing to the JRL and working with the source distribution at

   https://jdk7.dev.java.net

But I know that's not everybody's cup of tea, and in any case there's a doubt whether one can truly clear the encumbrance if you've been reading the encumbered code.

- David Herron

Andrew Haley wrote:
Mr. Demeanour writes:
> > March 2007 is the planned date for liberating the JDK source code,
 > but probably not including everything that would be needed to
 > complete a "full build", due to encumbrances affecting some parts.
> > I shall be most interested to see comments from the CLASSPATH
 > people about this development.

I'll bite.  We're eager to work with Sun to create a completely free
Java library, contributing free versions of encumbered classes where
we can.

Andrew.