[RFC-DRAFT] Debian-Java point of view about JDK under the GPL

Hi debian-java team,

I'd like us to write a common position statement about the jdk under
the gpl. I think these points should be mentioned:

o This is really a good thing for us because it is now really the GPL
(+Classpath exception), not a MPL like license;

o Sun worked hard to have the jdk in Debian for some time now. (My
POV: not the right way, but they did it, thanks ;-));

o Let be patient. There is still a lot of work for everything to be integrated;

o We (Ola Ludvig and other?) are working to build hotspot and javac
with free software;

Any other thoughts?

--
Arnaud Vandyck