Re: ArithmeticException: / by zero in XIconWindow

Eric Lavarde - Debian wrote:
> I know it´s probably linked to a proprietary Java (I know that some people
> from Sun have now sneaked in ;-),
Not to worry... we are safely off in "non-free" (that is until
Java is completely liberated!)

> but is someone aware of the problem
> described under:
> http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=760238
> which will probably hit testing (and the fan) at some point in time?
>
> I´m asking because I'm supporting FreeMind on Linux and would prefer to
> have the issue fixed before the fan is hit (already got a request about
> it), even though I have no clue where I should start looking (hence this
> email).

I'm not able to reproduce this problem.  FreeMind works fine
on my Debian Etch system (with Sun Java from unstable [1]):

tmarble@tv 15% dpkg --get-selections | egrep '(\-icon\-|sun|freemind)'
freemind                                        install
gnome-icon-theme                                install
hicolor-icon-theme                              install
sun-java5-bin                                   install
sun-java5-jre                                   install
sun-java5-plugin                                install
xfce4-icon-theme                                install
tmarble@tv 16%

Do you have those X icons installed?  Let me know how I can help
get to the bottom of this problem.

Regards,

--Tom

P.S. Merci pour FreeMind, c'est très utile!

[1] # apt-get -t unstable install sun-java5-jre
    (this is currently 1.5.0_07 but soon to be 1.5.0_08)
    # update-java-alternatives --set java-1.5.0-sun

Tom.Marble@sun.com
Senior Java Performance Engineer                       Sun Microsystems, Inc.
http://blogs.sun.com/tmarble                What do you want from Java Libre?