Re: kaffe transition & freemind

Hi Eric,

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 09:22 +0100, Eric Lavarde - Debian wrote:
> I've got a good news: FreeMind is compiling with the new kaffe.
> The bad news is that it's not usable with kaffe (FreeMind starts but spits
> errors, doesn't redraw properly when using the menus, and is just not
> usable).

Cool, that is some progress. Note that it is also mentioned on:
http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/FreeSwingTestApps
But there all it said was: "it just shows the splash screen and main
window, but doesn't react to any input." So now at least we react to
input (but wrongly).

> PPS: errors I get:
>
> Default (System) Look & Feel: javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel
> Exception during event dispatch:
> java.lang.ClassCastException: can't cast
> `gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/GdkGraphics' to`java/awt/Graphics2D'
>    at freemind.main.FreeMindSplash$1.paint (FreeMindSplash.java:59)

This one is easy if kaffe has been configure with --enable-gtk-cairo
(this is an experimental Graphics2D implementation based on Cairo, it
still needs lots of works, I don't know if the kaffe package in Debian
has this enabled). If it has then you can run the program with
-Dgnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.Graphics=Graphics2D

Cheers,

Mark