Re: kaffe transition: works packages

Hi Joerg,

Joerg Sommer wrote:
Hi,

I've a package (bootchart) that is marked as works on the transition
page[1]. What must I do? Do I need to upload a new version? The Java Byte
Code in the old package should be compatible to the one of the new JVM.

If it is marked as works you have to do nothing - you don't need to transition.

For you this mail was meant as information that the default compiler has
changed. But as you explicityl depend on jikes-kaffe you are not affected.

If you at some point in the future maybe want to use the default compiler
of the kaffe package (ecj) you will need to test if it still works.

Yes, the code in your package is still compatible.

Regards,
Wolfgang