Re: Policy/recommendation on compiling with version 1.4 vs. 1.5?

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Michael Riedel]
>
>>Does any of them support the new language features of java 1.5?
>

> No idea.  Please post your test summary here, so the rest of us can
> learn it too. :)

Currently there is no free compiler in the archive for 1.5 source.

The only free compiler which will allow compilation of 1.5 source
(and I mean source with the new syntactic sugar :-) ) atm will be
eclipse java compiler 3.1 - but it is not yet in the archive.

There is also work started on gcj (as gcjx) for the new 1.5 source
features - but no idea when it will be available.

Regards,

Wolfgang