Re: Javadoc policy

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 23:43:55 -0600,
Jerry Haltom <wasabi@larvalstage.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 00:28 -0500, Barry Hawkins wrote:
>> Jerry Haltom wrote:
>> | I had a bright idea for our Java policy which I want to discuss:
>> | installing all javadoc in a centralized location and linking it
>> | together.
>> [...]

Idea is super bright, I had the same one last week :-D I already
discussed with Julian Scheid for some hints because I was dreaming of a
overview page with all the packages, but I don't think it's a very good
idea at the moment! ;-) So Julian pointed me to -link and -linkoffline
too (I already used these arguments for projects at work)

>> Jerry,
>> ~    I believe we can link to dependent APIs without using a centralized
>> location as long as we appropriately code the -link and -linkoffline
>> directives in our javadoc commands.  Here are a few entries from the
>> Javadoc FAQ[0] that may prove helpful for the discussion:

I prefer this one.

> Yes definitely. However, using /usr/share/javadoc would put us in line
> with JPackage. And I think it's a good idea too. Even if we link
> from /usr/share/javadoc to /usr/share/doc/package/api.

I'm not sure we can create /usr/share/javadoc without discussing it on
debian-devel@lists.debian.org!

--
  .''`.
 : :' :rnaud