Re: [dsi-list] Re: Looking for the right Java solution

On Sat, 2005-02-26 at 23:31 +0100, Ivo Marino wrote:

> Well then, I'll try to go my way using the free alternatives. Eventually
> I'll send in some feedback if something should not work as expected.

Hello folks,

Some time ago I've asked about "the right Java solution" on Debian platforms.
In the meantime I made some progress and started to code some "example"
Java applications in order to start learning Java.

The code I'm writing and testing is being compiled with free-java-sdk
which works fine, documentation is being generated with gjdoc which I've
installed from sid on my testing system (the testing version was old).

By the way: Another developer is also using free-java-sdk, but on Ubuntu
Warty and it seems to work as well as on Debian.

At this point I have some more questions regarding the Java API
documentation. While coding it would be very useful to have the Java API
documentation always available "offline" in the browser, does Debian
provide such a documentation package related to free-java-sdk? I've
tried to take a look around but found nothing. I would like to avoid
using the "third-part" Sun Java documentation API.

A "devhelp-book-java" Debian package for devhelp would also be useful
but actually such a package does not seem to be available.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Best regards,

 I.

P.S.: I'm off-list so please Cc: me, thanks.

--
   .''`.   Ivo Marino <eim@mentors.debian.net>
  : :' :   irc.FreeNode.net chan #debian-mentors