Link between fop and batik

Hi,

I'm still trying to find how to replace libraries delivered as binary with freemind with standard libraries. I've placed 3 RFP on these (which I might transform to ITP in due time). But I'm still fighting with pdf-transcoder.jar, which I identified being of the upstream binary distribution of batik (of course not of the Debian package). There the readme file says:

The pdf-transcoder.jar file from the Apache Fop project
(http://xml.apache.org/fop), this is only needed if you want to
transcode to PDF, otherwise it can be removed from distributions.

This jar file is slightly modified from the standard
pdf-transcoder.jar to also includes two required classes from the
Apache Avalon project (http://avalon.apache.org):
org.apache.avalon.framework.Enum and
org.apache.avalon.framework.ValuedEnum.

I didn't see any such thing as pdf-transcoder.jar in the fop distribution (neither upstream nor Debian), so I tried to put fop.jar and avalon-framework.jar in the CLASSPATH, in replacement of pdf-transcoder.jar. Nobody complains about missing classes but when I try to export a PDF file from freemind, I get the following error:

org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderException: The specified XML document fragment is not an SVG document at org.apache.fop.svg.PDFTranscoder.transcode(PDFTranscoder.java:163) at org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(XMLAbstractTranscoder.java:132)
        at plugins.svg.ExportPdf.startupMapHook(ExportPdf.java:70)

(where SVG export works like a charm)

Any idea what I could do to solve my problem?

Thanks, Eric

--
Gewalt ist die letzte Zuflucht der Inkompetenz.
    Violence is the Last Resort of the Incompetent.