Re: Bouncy Castle ready

Hi Charles,

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 10:15 -0400, Charles Fry wrote:
> > Did you report those bugs to the classpath mailing list?
>
> No, that is what I was trying to ask how to do. I know the specific test
> cases that fail, but assumed that I should dig deeper into the code to
> find the root cause prior to reporting it. How much detail should I
> gather prior to reporting it (given my current time constraints I could
> report it with little detail now, but won't have time to dig into it
> more myself for a while).

Please add as much details as you have now to the bug database
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/bugs.html
That way the issue isn't forgotten. You can always later add more
details if you have more time. Just make sure the instructions on how to
repeat the issue are clear and simple to follow so someone else can try
to reproduce it.

>  Also running with kaffe gave different
> failures than running with sablevm and gij (all failed on the same test
> cases, in different ways); I'm not sure quite what to think of that.

The runtimes are probably not completely in sync. Hopefully it means
that the runtime with the latest GNU Classpath gives the least faults.
But it could of course be that we introduced a regression lately :{

Thanks,

Mark