Re: libapache2-mod-jk2 configuration

On Thursday 23 June 2005 20:17, Mark Lowe wrote:
> I'd stay away from jk2 is deprecated in favour of maintaining the
> original mod_jk. The configuration for jk2 meant more hoop-jumping
> than with jk and thus is fell out of favour..

Yes I know - thats why I was puzzled that even unstable does not have an
libapache2-mod-jk

> Unfortunatly the apache2 modules for the debian distribution only has
> a compiled jk2. Assuming you want to use the debain aptitude stuff,
> I'd install the apache1 stuff rather than 2 until someone creates
> mod_jk for apache 2 on debian.
>
> This link takes you through the basics, and the configuration
> differences between apache 1 and 2 or minimal..
>
> http://raibledesigns.com/tomcat/

It implies you can just download a precompiled version of mod_jk.so and put it
into /usr/lib/apache2/modules directory.

This seems to me to get what I need - I'll try it.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk