Re: GCJ Native Proposal

On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 11:30:53PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 21:30 +0200, Michael Koch wrote:
> > We can decide to pubild only some archs to native. E.g. native libs for Eclipse
> > make little sense on arm.
>
> Why does it make less sense on arm then on any of the other
> architectures?

Its useless to build a fully fledged Eclipse for an arch with such limitations
as arm with (cpu- and memory-wise). I dont think we will have any users
running Eclipse on a 200 MHz arm machine with 64 MB Ram. We should focus
on archs that are in use with such software. Besides that I dont think
Eclipse/SWT dont is ported to arm yet.

Michael