Re: [Arnaud Vandyck] Re: gcj4 changes : Please Comment

>> I read some mails about the location of the classmap.db file on the
>> Fedora mailing list[1], thanks to Mark. Is it possible to specify a
>> directory where we could put all the db files and gij could resolve the
>> mapping using the files in this directory?

Michael> the normally way would be put many *.db files into one dir
Michael> and create a master db file using gcj-dbtool. This then
Michael> merges all into the master file.  This file needs to get
Michael> updated each time a db file gets added or removed.

A point Michael didn't mention is that gij has a built-in default
database.  You can find it with 'gcj-dbtool -p' (this is what our RPMs
do to find its location...)

This makes it really simple to gcj-compile a program without even
editing its launcher script.  We just use alternatives to make 'java'
point to 'gij', and the usual wrapper scripts all simply work.

Tom