Re: How to _best_ depend on non-free Java packages?

Hi,

thanks for the help, some more questions on top of these ones:
- I browsed a bit with apt-cache and came to the conclusion that no (free) package in Debian is providing java2-runtime. I am correct? - I have the feeling that 'java2-runtime' is too coarse as a virtual package: I know too many programs that work only on one or two of j2re1.3, j2re1.4 or j2re1.5. Wouldn't it be better to have these 3 names as virtual packages? Do you allow me to place a bug on the Java police / java-common or do you think it won't anyway be considered?

Thanks, Eric