Re: Eclipse 3.0 Running on SableVM

On Thu, 2005-13-01 at 18:18 +0200, Thomas Fogwill wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 19:51 +0000, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> > > This build runs fine (so far) with kaffe, but does not run at all with
> > > any other VMs: (tried: Sun's 1.4.2 JDK, SableVM, gij).
> > >
> > > As this is the case, would it not make sense to add the following to
> > > the /usr/bin/eclipse script?
> > >     -VM /usr/lib/kaffe/bin/java
> >
> > Hm, I'd prefer to see it actually work with another VM, too, rather then tying
> > it to a single VM.
>
> Fair enough.
>
> > SableVM developers also reported success running Eclipse3 it,
> > could you give the packages a try on it, as well?
>
> Indeed, success! I used the startup script at http://sablevm.org/wiki/Eclipse
> Will take a look at it in more detail tomorrow to see what is needed to
> get it merged with the current startup script.

Great, and thanks!

I think that for the moment (we're not about to relese 1.1.9 yet) we
could just make Eclipse dependant on xalan (we already have them in
Debian) and make use of them when 'java' is choosen to be SableVM?

Cheers,

				Grzegorz B. Prokopski
--
Grzegorz B. Prokopski           <gadek@sablevm.org>